Third party Service for PerkinElmer UltraView VoX

Hi Everyone! I’ve got a PerkinElmer Ultraview vox spinning disk confocal. The lasers seem to be on their way out and work only intermittently. PerkinElmer has discontinued support of the system.

Does anyone know of a third party that can service these confocals in the southeast US (Atlanta, GA)?

Dear @Aaron ,
I do not have an answer to your question but do have a suggestion. That system is very much outdated and the camera on your phone is probably more sensitive that the one installed. I would talk to Nikon. Nikon NIS can drive (may be metamorph too) the actual spinning disk inside. With a new camera (even an industrial CMOS) and a couple of lasers and you would have a very nice system.
best,
Alvaro

You could try BioVision. @Fernando

Have you thought about resurrecting the system with a Laser Free Confocal unit? That way you do not have to worry about lasers again and it will be a very affordable route. Chat to Anat Sharoni (anat@froggabio.com) and she will be able to help you.

Hi Aaron,
There is a company in the UK doing such 2rd party service. Let me know if you want to connect with them, they might also know whom to contact in the US.
Best,
Oliver

Hi Aaron

I know this is an ancient thread but I was wondering how you got on seeking support for the Ultravox?
I was a service engineer with spinning disk for quite a while and I’m trying to gauge the level the interest in the community for support services on these spinning disks in the US.

Best regards
Tom.