Is Leica TCS LSI macroconfocal compatible with micromanager?

Hello,

We have a leica TCS LSI macroconfocal in the lab (https://downloads.leica-microsystems.com/Leica%20TCS%20LSI/Brochures/Leica_TCS_LSI-Brochure_Technical_Data.EN.pdf). The version that we have does not have a camera. It works very well for now as a confocal system, but I would like to add a camera on it to have the possibility to do widefield Z stacks of fluorescent samples. Unfortunately the LAS software controlling it is outdated, does not allow the control of a camera, and updates to newer versions of LAS will apparently not be compatible with the hardware according to Leica.

So I am wondering if micromanager would work. I have no experience with micromanager so far, but I could see that a lot of the Leica hardware seems to be compatible. However I didn’t find any information about the super Z galvo stage. Does anyone have experience with this and may know if we will be able to use fully our Leica TCS LSI system with micromanager?

I am also wondering if having LAS and micromanager installed in parallel (although not running in parallel) may cause any conflicts or irreversibly alter our current set up?

Thanks,

Stéphane

Hi Stéphane,

More MicroManager users will see your post if you post it on image.sc with the micro-manager tag.

Good luck,
Will

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will post it there as well!

@nico.stuurman might be around to answer…