Confocal microscopy tutorial paper

I hope the microscopy community finds this new Nature Protocols tutorial paper to be a useful resource, particularly for students getting started with confocal and related microscopies.

Tutorial: guidance for quantitative confocal microscopy
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41596-020-0313-9

Unfortunately, Nature Protocols does not offer true Open Access, but you can view the paper with this SharedIt link (or email me and I can send you a PDF):
https://rdcu.be/b3ko0

Cheers,
James (@JamesJonkman)
james@aomf.ca

5 Likes

I forgot to mention, there is an accompanying poster that you may find helpful. You can find a link to it in the abstract of the paper. Thanks to sponsorship by Zeiss, the poster is free for everyone to view and download.

1 Like

Excellent James ! It will be a useful reading and guidance
Thank you very much, sincerely
Andres Hugo Rossi

Thank-you, Andres - we surely hope so!
James

James,
This is an amazing resource. I teach a class in optical microscopy at the United States Military Academy. We are just starting our block on confocal microscopy. Is it okay to share this with my students?
Lance

Hi, Lance. Thanks for this positive feedback! By all means, please go ahead and share with your students and colleagues.

Cheers,
James

James,

I was wondering if I could get a PDF copy of the article for my own use? The students have been given the shared link from Nature Protocols, but I would like to have the PDF for my future reference. Our library here at West Point doesn’t have access to Nature Protocols. If you can’t for copyright laws, that’s okay. I have a contact at Cornell that probably can get me one also or I can just have our library get me a copy. I like the paper so much I am going to toss the book for this section and use this article next semester as the primary document for the four-class sequence on confocal microscopy. It is well written and easy to understand. It covers all the bases that an undergraduate Life Science student should be able to understand without getting lost. When I sent the link to them today, I also told them it was also a great review for our last block on wide-field fluorescence. They have final exams coming in a couple of weeks and this might help them, if they take my advice. Well done and thanks to all the authors. I met Allison North a few years ago at the MBL when I was a student in the OMIBS course. Lance